The Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection launches in 2023, giving players a ton of bang for their buck in how long each takes to beat.
The recent announcement of the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection wasn’t exactly surprising, given how much fans have requested the title (s) be updated for the Switch and other platforms, but it was certainly exciting for a real confirmation of it. Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection will launch at some point in 2023, coming with all ten games across two volumes.
It’s a little uncertain how much the Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection costs, considering the two volumes and the overall inclusion of ten games. Fans will need to get both volumes, it sounds like, as volume one includes four games – Mega Man Battle Network 1, 2, and both versions of 3. The last six will be on the second volume. It’s hard to imagine Capcom charging full retail for both of them, so it seems likely they’re about $ 30 each. But if they were sixty dollars each, that remains a steal.
That’s because, breaking it down, that’s still about 12 dollars per game, and each title is worth more than that. Even beyond that, the hours players could put into these classic and beloved Mega Man titles are insane. The shortest game in the franchise is 14 hours long, but the rest takes upward of 20 hours to beat. Not to mention, completionist playthroughs typically triple that, and if someone were to challenge themselves to complete them all, Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection could eat up a ton of their time.
How Long to Beat All Mega Man Battle Network Games
- Battle Network – Main Story: 14 hours, Completionist Playthrough: 40 hours
- Battle Network 2 – Main Story: 20 hours, Completionist Playthrough: 33 hours.
- Battle Network 3 Blue and White – Main Story: 23 hours each, Completionist Playthrough: 63 hours each.
- Battle Network 4 Blue Moon and Red Sun – Main Story: 20 hours each, Completionist Playthrough: 64 hours each
- Battle Network 5 Team Colonel and Team Protoman – Main Story: 27 hours each, Completionist Playthrough: 61 hours each
- Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar and Falzar – Main Story: 22 hours each, Completionist Playthrough: 55 hours each
If players played through the first two and only chose one title out of each pairing, that’s still a minimum time requirement of 126 hours, whereas to play through them all just for fun is a total of 218 hours. A completionist playthrough through the first two and only one title out of each pairing jumps it dramatically, making the grand total of time invested in Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection 316 hours. To complete them all is 559 hours, or 23+ full days.
No matter what Capcom charges for them, they are all beloved and likely to be well worth the asking price.
Mega Man Battle Network Legacy Collection releases on Nintendo Switch in 2023.
MORE: All Mega Man Battle Network 6 Cybeast Gregar and Falzar Exclusives